Whimsical Ceramic Teapot workshop
Whimsical Ceramic Teapot workshop
Come and spend the most beautiful day with me making your very own whimsical ceramic Teapot from Porcelain and coloured clays. All the while sipping on Blue Mountains selected Teas and local sweet treats. Honestly, what more could you want!!
To construct your teapot you will be taught hand building basics… How to make a pinch pot, how to coil with clay, attach handles, legs etc. and how to make sure your pieces won’t blow up in the kiln! I promise you’ll leave having created a unique teapot with a story as you are guided step by step.
3rd of March
Join the waitlist for the next workshop by selecting the available option in the drop down box
- $230 per person - 5 hour course - incudes porcelain clay and coloured stains
- $30 - clear glazing additional
Venue: S.Mountain Ceramics
186 Chapman Parade, Faulconbridge, NSW 2776
Time: 9.30am till 4.00pm
Morning Tea included, BYO lunch
Class size: Minimum of 4 to run this workshop. Maximum of 8
> No experience required:
This class is ideal for folks with zero experience and those who've had a few lessons
> Covid safe practices
Please do not come along if you have any symptoms. If you have Covid symptoms, adhere to current health advice.
> About me:
Sharron is a ceramic artist and educator of over 30 years. She has a Bachelor of Arts (Fine Arts) and Diploma of Education, Visual Arts. Her Ceramics studio is at Faulconbridge in the Blue Mountains NSW. Sharron finds her inspiration come from the markings and observations in the natural landscape and along with her commercial wares stocked in a range of creative retail outlets. She continues to work on her personal fine art pieces which are more abstract and sculptural in approach.
She is grateful to have my work is featured in a range of retail outlets including the Blue Mountains Cultural Centre, Blackheath Creative, and the Hawkesbury Remakery who support artists and artisans across Australia.
Bookings for workshops and courses can be made online or by contacting @smountainceramics for further details.
How do I make payment?
- Payments can be made as a deposit or the full cost.
- Preferred booking is EFT as this saves $$ for you without the online booking fee. You can book online, via email, in person, over the phone or COD. Whatever you are comfortable with.
- A deposit or full payment can be placed to secure your place in the class. If paying by deposit, the final amount must be paid via EFT or cash.
- You can bring your own clay and this can be fired as part of you course, but it be identifiable (mid-fire clay preferred)
- Minimum numbers are required to run this course (4 participants)
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the course?
- Minimum age 12 + years. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Parking on the verge outside 186 Chapman Parade, Faulconbridge.
What can I bring into the event?
- Safe studio shoes, water bottle, aprons are optional.
- Morning tea is included in the course - please advise Sharron of any dietary details.
- BYO lunch or a plate to share.
- All equipment, firing of your ceramic pieces, tea & coffee are included in the course cost.
Can I reschedule?
Look out for a time when another workshop is on so you can join us. Refunds available up to 7 days before the course. Credit transfers only within that time for the next or any other courses
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
- Facebook @smountainceramics
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: 0414983335
Process: All pieces will be dried, prepared for bisque firing and then Sharron will clear glaze your teapots and put them back into the kiln for a glaze firing. This process takes between 3-4 weeks
Pickup : Sharron will contact you to advise how the firings go and when the wares are ready for pickup from the Studio door.
Contact us if you have any further enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have loved learning how to work with clay at Sharron's Foundation Skills short course. She is so approachable and friendly, always willing to share her expertise and skills. and always encouraging. - Delsie