Private function ceramic workshop workshop
Join ceramic artist Sharron from S.Mountain ceramics for a private ceramic workshop for your next event
Do you have a work group or group of friends that would like to do a 2 hour BYO on your own set date? Book your group in for a 2 or 3 hour session for 4-10 people at a time and day that works for us both.
These Private sessions run on Saturday or Sunday, 1pm, 4pm or 7pm. We can also run them during the week when the studio is available.
Sharron will guide you on your journey to make either a cup/mug/bowl, or a small dish or platter. You’ll be able to either decorate your piece with a bit of colour or emboss patterns.
The 2 hour session is a fun, casual intro to clay, a chance to have a laugh and get your hands a little dirty. The 3 hour session is more of a workshop and will give you the time to really focus in on your piece(you’ll also get a little bit more clay to play with if needed). If you’re having a party where you’d like the extra time to cut a cake or give a few speeches, then the 3 hour session is for you.
You’re free to BYO to the group bookings.
- Hand building isn’t too messy, but wear clothes you don’t mind getting a little dirty. An apron is a good idea
- Clip your fingernails if possible. Pinch pots are a little difficult with long nails.
- Closed in shoes(no thongs or sandals as there will be sharp tools on the table)
- You’ll be working at the tables in the hand building space, this class is not on the pottery wheel. But do speak to us if you’d like to chat about a private wheel group session.
Your pieces will take 1 or 2 weeks to dry. After that they’ll be fired once, glazed, then fired again. The whole process takes 4 to 6 weeks and could be longer depending on humidity and current work load.
If, at the end of the workshop, you’ve finalised your piece with no colour, we dip your work in a white glaze, but if you have decorated with our underglaze paints, we’ll dip it in a clear glaze.
Fill in your details below including dates and times you have in mind and we’ll get back to you asap. Alternatively you can call us on 0414983335 for a chat.
How do I make payment?
- Online, or contact us for a payment plan - $100 deposit required, refundable if NSW Health restrictions change 72 hours prior to the event.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
- Minimum age 12 + years
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Parking in the driveway off Chapman parade.
Can I pay by EFT or other methods of payment?
- Contact Sharron directly via DM or email to make other arrangement.
What can I bring into the event?
- All materials and equipment, firing of your ceramic pieces, glazes, glass of bubbles upon arrival .
- As always a graze platter will be provided and lunch boxes will be on offer. Please contact Sharron for dietary requirements.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
- Facebook @smountainceramics
What is the refund policy?
- Cancellations can be made up to 7 days prior. The deposit is non-refundable . However, full refunds or workshop credits will be offered if NSW health Covid status is changed prior to the commencement of a workshop.
What is your COVID 19 Policy?
- smountain ceramics has a Covid safe policy in place. Please do not attend If you have any Cold/flu like symptoms.
- All necessary social distancing measures, registrations and sanitising stations are available upon check in for your convenience.
Come along and meet new friends or book a group of friends for a creative adventure. Bookings are only secured through payment.
2 Hour workshop $90
3 hour workshop $110
includes all materials, lunch and glazing and firing.
Contact us if you have any further enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org